Pages

Pancake Sunday : Blueberry

Sunday 2 February 2014

We love pancake Sunday in our house, though sometimes I do lose track of what day it is and we have pancakes on any old day instead. Sometimes I feel like I'm back on ship time.
Anyhoo, today I had a wee pottle of blueberries in the fridge that needed using up  and after seeing these yummy looking treats over at p.s. heart I just had to try them.
                                                via p.s.heart
I made a few wee tweaks to suit what I had in the pantry, and they may not look as amazing as hers but we were happy with our result. 
Blueberry Pancakes

1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt 
1 large Egg 
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil 
1 cup Milk 
1 1/3 cup Blueberries

1)  In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2)  In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and oil.
3)  Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and whisk together.
4)  Stir together until just combined.
5)  Finally, fold in blueberries.
6)  Pour 1/4 cup or so of batter onto a heated pan or griddle and cook each side until lightly browned. (I added a bit of butter before so it didn't stick)
7)  Serve with lemon glaze, maple syrup, or a blueberry sauce!

Buddy thought they were really yummy and hopefully Button will too when she wakes up. But for now, more for mum!

Happy Pancake Sunday! (this post was brought to you on a Saturday heehee)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment