Pages

Sleepy Time

Saturday 14 September 2013

A big debate among parents today, how do you get your little ones to sleep?? Like many of you I have read countless of articles and first hand accounts from other parents about this subject. I have tried everything and who am I to tell you what to do, all I can tell you is about my two. 

First, Buddy. 

He is a head banger. We eventually found it is his way of calming him self, like you would rock a baby to sleep. However almost 4 years of it now and our nights are rough. You do start to tune it out sometimes but a head against a wall, a constant banging, who can ignore that. It is, fortunately something he will grow out of, we thought we saw the end of it 6 months ago however the more Button screamed through the night (with teeth) the head banging resurfaced. I do the usual as many do, a night time routine of tidying toys, brushing teeth, reading a book or singing songs, tucked in and kissed goodnight. However at random times of the night starts that noise. Have you got a little one with a bad bedtime habit? Id love to hear your experiences.



Second, Button.

Now, this one is all on me. I will admit it, apart from teething of course, Button would wake at 10pm, 2am and 5am on the dot every night and because I was so tired from the day and the noisy banging through the wall I would just get up, get her bottle and bring her in with me till she fell asleep. She is now 1 and we have got it down to 10am and 5 am, which I can live with for now. We do have those occasional nights, I'll wake up every hour when those pesky teeth come through but it is something we deal with as parents. I don't know if it is a lazy habit with Button or whether I became a bit more of a pushover. Have you ever got yourself in this situation and how did you get out of it? 

 photo tumblr_lqlpbsVuHL1qkmpj8o1_500_zpsc40cf73f.gif


Look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences! 

Skye, Buddy and Button


No comments:

Post a Comment