Pages

Buddy & Button make the stars shine for you

Sunday 1 December 2013

I have been working on a little project for my Buddy & Button. I wanted to make something that they could keep for a long time, and thought what better than book. And this is how my idea started, all from a humble chalk picture I drew in the back yard.


One sunny afternoon, Button fast asleep, Buddy and I were drawing out back and he asked for a picture of him and his sister as fairies, so I did. Buddy used to be Sweetpea to me, but I get told off for calling him that now, "No mum, I'm Buddy".  

Well, thanks to my original drawing I wrote a poem to fit with the fairy Buddy &  Button and added the drawing as I went. 


Using different media my Buddy & Button started to come to life and I couldn't be happier.



I finally decided on paper and I am in the process of doing each drawing now. Here is my progress on Buddy & Button, where two wee fairies start to fly. 


The colours are not coming up as bright in the photograph, sorry I should be better at that but it was just a quick pic to show how it is going. 


I'll be posting more updates on how my book is going. I've been working really hard on something just for them and I can not wait to see their faces when I have finished. 

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment