Pages

Tricks & Treats - Spooky Science

Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Halloween everyone and what better way to finish off our Tricks & Treats this year with some bubbly mess. 
I love making mess with Buddy & Button and what better than a bit of science with a hint of Halloween. 


All you'll need:

White vinegar (I used apple cider as i realised it was all we had but worked fine)
Baking soda
Green food colouring (or any colour of your choosing)
Rimmed tray (this is for all the mess)
Vase or Glass (I used a pint glass)
Small cup 



I added on some cardboard eyes and mouth to make it a scary experiment however they didn't want to stay put. We added a few spoonfuls of baking soda and food colouring to the glass and I filled up the small cup with vinegar. 

All ready to go, Buddy poured in the vinegar and Whoosh!! 


It wouldn't be science without a bit of experimentation so in went some sprinkles, salt and pepper and extra food colouring to see what would happen. What would you add?


Buddy loved this so much I am on the hunt for some more science fun.


Happy Experimenting and Happy Halloween everyone!


post signature

1 comment: