Pages

Tricks & Treats - Shadow Time

Thursday 24 October 2013




As a kid I thought shadow puppets were amazing and to tell you the truth, I still do! Whether you are using your hands or making them, they are so simple to do and great entertainment for the kiddies and me.
 For Buddy and I it is a fantastic way to get our imaginations to run wild, while Button enjoys the shapes and stories. 


This was a little puppet theater I made years ago when it was just us and Buddy. I made it from an empty cereal box and grease proof paper, Minieco has easy to follow instructions for a puppet theater just like mine. The puppets were made from the excess cardboard and Popsicle sticks, I then added a torch behind and Wala! It didn't last the move to our next home sadly but we had lots of fun with our tales of knights, princesses and dragons.  


For some awesome shadow puppets here are two great sites for templates and I found a whole bunch of great Shadow Puppet  templates from Google. 

                                                       Via One Perfect Day

                                                    Via Minieco

Two more weeks and we will be in our new home and my craft/art box will be found again under the mountain of stuff that is our life.  We will have so many crafts to try when I do and this will be one of the first, maybe with a Christmas twist. 

Happy Crafting!

Skye, Buddy & Button




No comments:

Post a Comment